Vacancy: Software Development Support Engineer
Location: Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, UK
Status: Permanent – Full Time Post
Salary: Competitive Salary (commensurate with experience and ability) and Bonus Scheme
Established over 30 years ago, Engica is a Microsoft Gold Partner with its head office in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear.
Engica develop and implement world leading software for a substantial international client base.
Engica's strength lies in the ability and vision of their staff.
Together they have created leading products, providing their customers with opportunities within an expanding international market to sell,
implement and further advance their products and services.
Following the award of a number of new contracts, Engica are looking to strengthen their Customer Delivery Team with the appointment of a
talented Software Development Support Engineer to assist in the delivery of their software systems.
Working alongside Software Developers and Project Managers assisting in the implementation of our software systems from Specification stage,
through Configuration and Testing to final delivery of the software to site.
Responsibilities within the role will include:
- Work in all stages of the software development lifecycle from specification through to final delivery.
- Testing the software to ensure the quality of the delivered solution
- Configure software using cutting edge tools and produce documentation to the highest quality to support the delivery
- SQL Server database administration for development purposes.
- Manage your work and that of others involved. You will play a key role in the standard of the work that is delivered to customers
The ideal candidate will be:
- Motivated self-starter with good organisational skills and a clear commitment to deliver high quality products.
- Precise with a good eye for detail and interested in leaving no stone unturned.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Able to work confidently on your own as well as with other members of the team.
- Ability to create SQL scripts to manipulate data with the ability to investigate any issues that are reported to you by the projects team.
- Experience or qualifications in a variety of the following areas will be advantageous:
- Formal testing qualifications or certifications
- MS Office applications
- Team Foundation Server
- Browser based applications
How to apply
If you are interested, please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Previous applicants need not apply.
STRICTLY NO AGENCY